Dynamic balance among power glass wearers
An observational study
Keywords:power glass wearers, dynamic balance, vision
Background and purpose: -For human gait regulation and balance stability, a complicated integration of visual-vestibular and somatosensory information is necessary. The ability of the organism to maintain the center of mass balance by resisting the continual destabilizing forces that confront it may be impaired by this function of any of these components. The primary objective of the current study was to check weather wearing power glasses can affect the dynamic balance or not. Subject and Method: - An observational study was done by including 30 subjects from Delhi-NCR. The sample was drawn using the Stratified Random Sampling technique. All individuals recruited for the research are people who wear Power glasses in their daily activities and have vision problems. The individuals were asked to complete Modified Bass Test. The subjects were asked to remove the power glasses and perform the Modified bass Test. Results: - As the subjects performed the Modified Bass test of Dynamic Balance Scoring, 46.7 percent passed the test due to their balance remaining stable and 53.3 percent failed due to a lack of stability in their dynamic balance.
Pollock AS, Durward BR, Rowe PJ, Paul JP. What is balance? Clinical rehabilitation. 2000 Aug;14(4):402-6
Çelenk Ç, Arslan H, Aktuğ ZB, Şimşek E. The Comparison Between Static and Dynamic Balance Performances of Team and Individual Athletes. European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science. 2018 Jan 2.
Ricotti L. Static and dynamic balance in young athletes. Journal of human sport and exercise. 2011;6(4):616-28.
ÇALIK BB, Aslan UB, ASLAN Ş, KABUL EG. The effect of static and dynamic balance training on balance in children with congenital blindness. Çağdaş Tıp Dergisi. 2019;9(1):89-94.
Sahu PK, PT SA, Kukreti P, Chauhan N, Kumari M, Shahid N. Cervical Proprioception and Dynamic Balance in Computer Users: A Comparison between Male and Female Healthy Adults. EXECUTIVE EDITOR. 2020 Dec;11(12):263.
Collings R, Paton J, Glasser S, Marsden J. The effect of vision impairment on dynamic balance. InJournal of Foot and Ankle Research 2015 Dec (Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 1-1). BioMed Central.
Milanowski AM. Effects of progressive lens eyeglasses on gait performance factors among young and middle-aged groups (Doctoral dissertation, The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee).
Hammami R, Behm DG, Chtara M, Othman AB, Chaouachi A. Comparison of static balance and the role of vision in elite athletes. Journal of human kinetics. 2014 Jun 28;41:33.
Rutkowska I, Bednarczuk G, Molik B, Morgulec-Adamowicz N, Marszałek J, Kaźmierska-Kowalewska K, Koc K. Balance functional assessment in people with visual impairment. Journal of human kinetics. 2015 Nov 22; 48:99.
Jazi SD, Purrajabi F, Movahedi A, Jalali S. Effect of selected balance exercises on the dynamic balance of children with visual impairments. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness. 2012 Aug;106(8):466-74.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 International journal of health sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Articles published in the International Journal of Health Sciences (IJHS) are available under Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives Licence (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0). Authors retain copyright in their work and grant IJHS right of first publication under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles in this journal, and to use them for any other lawful purpose.
Articles published in IJHS can be copied, communicated and shared in their published form for non-commercial purposes provided full attribution is given to the author and the journal. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
This copyright notice applies to articles published in IJHS volumes 4 onwards. Please read about the copyright notices for previous volumes under Journal History.